Steak Fajitas, 21 Day Fix Style

fixate, 21 day fix, eat clean, fajitas, steak, easy recipe


I LOVE fajitas! I don;t love to cook. In the past I might have made a sad attempt at fajitas using an over processed, sodium laden packet of seasoning. But now I've got a go to recipe!

Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 tsp olive oil
  • 2 medium bell peppers, sliced
  • 1 medium onion (I substituted onion powder)
  • 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
  • 1 lb extra lean beef sirloin, cut into 2 inch strips (I diced it to serve(
  • 1 tsp ground chili powder
  • 1 tsp ground cumin
  • 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
  • 1/2 tsp himalayan or sea salt
  • 1/2 cup homemade salsa (optional)
  • 8 6 inch corn tortillas, warm
  • reduced fat plain greek yogurt
  • chopped fresh cilantro
  • lime wedges
  1. Heat oil in nonstick skillet over medium high heat
  2. Add peppers and onions, cook, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes
  3. Add garlic, cook, stirring frequently for 1 minute
  4. Add beef and spices, stir occasionally and cook for 7-8 minutes
  5. Add salsa (optional) and cook for 2-3 minutes 
  6. Evenly top each tortilla with beef mixture, yogurt cilantro and lime
I skipped the salsa and cilantro and subbed onion powder. I also served with avocado and my husband added shredded cheese.

I love the flavor, ease and versatility of this recipe!

These were a hit! 

21 Day Fix: 1 green, 1 yellow, 1 red, 1 tsp 

*Recipe and measurements are from FIXATE the 21 Day Fix inspired cookbook by Autumn Calabrese

To order a copy of this cookbook, click here

To join my next group for more recipes as well as accountability, fill out the application below! 

Fill out my online form.
Use Wufoo templates to make your own HTML forms.

Comments

Popular Posts