10 Healthy Eating Habits You Should Start Today

healthy eating habits, daily habits, habits, eat healthy, diet, clean eating


Healthy habits are what keep us on track toward success.

I've tried it all. Fad diets, diet pills, hours in the gym, you name it...but overtime, I've figured out what works for me. It's all about the habits you form. Once I brought it back to basics and really researched what works, I was able to simplify my habits and find results.

1. Keep it simple- When it comes to your menu, stick to the same foods. Find the foods that work for you, the foods you enjoy, that you look forward to eating and stick to them. Don't worry about constantly switching it up. Find a few go to choices and stick with it.

2. Break The Fast- Eat breakfast EVERYDAY! And make it a nutritionally dense choice. Don't waste your time with foods that won't fuel you. For me, its Shakeology. It is convenient (I drink it on my way to work or while I get my to do list going) and I know I'm loading myself up with my daily vitamins and super foods right from the start. Hard boiled eggs, oatmeal, or an omelet are my other go to items for breakfast.

3. CHUG A LUG- No, I'm not telling you to channel Frank the Tank and break out your funnel. (That brings back memories). I mean WATER! Drink it. Lots of it. Start your day with warm lemon water and continue to drink water throughout the day. I never go anywhere without my 25 oz bottle of water with lemon. You'll find a huge difference in your energy and body function when you aim for at least 1/2 your bodyweight in ounces each day.

4. Eat small and often- Every few hours. Don't go hours without eating. You'll lose energy and when you finally eat you'll be ravenous and make poor choices. Plan accordingly. Keep a stash in your car. Portion out almonds, carry an apple. Stay prepared.

5. Eat real food- Aim for the 80/20 rule and keep your foods whole with minimal processing. The closer to nature the better!

6. Educate yourself- Know what is in your food. Read labels. Study food. Study your body and how it reacts to the foods you eat. A food journal is great for this.

7. Practice moderation, not deprivation- Rid your vocabulary of the verb 'diet'. Choose your food carefully and plan for treats by increasing exercise and balancing choices. You'll be happier and healthier if you practice moderation.

8. Fill your home with healthy choices- If you don't have crap food in your house, you won't eat crap food. Know your triggers and keep them out!

9. Close the kitchen- late night eating can be detrimental. Cut yourself off at a certain time. Brush your teeth, turn out the kitchen lights, make a cup of tea. Close the kitchen. Give your body the chance to rest.

10. Don't eat your feelings- We eat when we're happy, we eat when we're sad, we eat when we're celebrating...it goes on and on. Change that habit. Find a new way to cope with whatever you're experiencing. Mad, frustrated, stressed- read a book, look at positive quotes, go for a walk. Step away from the food.

These are just a few of the tips that work for me. Nothing overcomplicated, right? It just takes a shift in mindset and you too can create healthy habits and cut the vicious cycle of unhealthy habits!

xoxo,
Chrisanthi

Comments

Popular Posts