Fit and Fulfilled Pregnancy: First Trimester

new baby, pregnant, preggers, prego, fit pregnancy, fit mama, 21 day fix, t25

Well, it's official! This mama is having another baby! I truly feel that a healthy, fit pregnancy, leads to a healthy birth and a healthy, happy baby!

One of the first things that I asked my OB at my initial appointment, was "do I need to make any changes to my workout routine?" When I was expecting Grayson, I worked out a few times a week and walked everyday, but I wasn't doing the at home workouts that I do now.

Her reply, like the guidance of most doctors in my experience, was continue doing what you're doing! She did say to make sure that my heart rate was under 140 and that I could still talk when out of breath.

My next question, "Can I continue to drink Shakeology?" Her reply (after looking at the nutrition facts), "Absolutely!"

When I found out I was pregnant, I was a couple of weeks into T25 Gamma series and loving it. So I continued.

I have to admit that this pregnancy has been a little bit more challenging than my first. With Grayson, I felt GREAT from day 1.  For the most part, I had energy and I was rarely nauseas.

This time, it's been a different story.  I have been exhausted and nauseas from the moment I found out (at about 3 weeks!).  So staying motivated has been a challenge.

There have been days where I have had to modify, already, and days when I would only get 15 minutes of my 25 minute workout done.

But, I know that I will feel better physically and emotionally if I keep up my routine.

new baby, pregnant, preggers, prego, fit pregnancy, fit mama, 21 day fix, t25


So here are my goals now that I'm heading into the 2nd trimester!

1. Maintain a schedule of working out 5 days per week

2. Follow the 21 Day Fix eating plan, bumping up to the next calorie bracket to add the additional calories I need.

3. Give myself a break...I know there will be days that will be harder than others, there will be days that I have cravings and need a cheat meal, or need to modify or shorten a workout...and that's ok! I'm growing a child!

I'm so excited to be going through this pregnancy as a beachbody coach. I love that I have the support of my fellow coaches and challengers.

I also love that I have the chance to share my journey through this pregnancy with others, to collaborate with fellow preggers and support one another in having a FIT AND FULFILLED pregnancy!

new baby, pregnant, preggers, prego, fit pregnancy, fit mama, 21 day fix, t25

Comments

Popular Posts