Vacation Survival Follow up

Okay, so last week I posted about my upcoming trip to the lake and what I was doing to prepare myself for making good choices...Do you want to know how I did?

Here it is...the GOOD, the BAD, and even the UGLY!

So the cornerstone of my post was about surviving the temptation of BACON for breakfast...well, for some reason, that wasn't an issue this year. There were a few days that bacon was made, but for one, I was up so early this year because Grayson wakes up at 6:00....5:00...ok, sometimes 4:30 (must have been the fresh lake air. I like to think that the other reason there wasn't much bacon made was because my daily posts have gotten into my MIL...Barb???

Anyway, breakfast was a breeze... I stuck with my plan to eat breakfast and have shakeology for my lunch and it worked. Most days my breakfast was either half an english muffin with natural peanut butter and a piece of fruit, or half an english muffin with an egg and avocado.


Snacks...here is where the GOOD mixes with the UGLY.
One day I stuck with my peanut butter, banana roll up. I made one for myself and was quickly surrounded by 3 little ones wanting one too! I was happy to share. Regan even gave me a tip to add honey...ahh, 6 year olds with an educated palate.
There was also a costco sized container of mixed nuts...here's where it started to cross over to the dark side. Before I completed the 21 day fix, I would VERY OFTEN over eat nuts. I didn't even realize it, but now I'm aware of the proper portion size and while I tried to stick to it...I may have dipped my hand in the container a few too many times.
Then there's the ugly...cheez it party mix and my mother in law's homemade chocolate chip cookies....I am human!!

Dinner...dinners at the lake were delicious and SQUEAKY CLEAN!


  • Salmon with corn and black bean salsa
  • Flank steak with sweet potatoes and mixed greens  
  • Chicken with spaghetti squash and zucchini noodles
  • London broil, mixed greens and a tomato, avocado, and mozzarella salad




Overall, this vacation was very successful when it came to clean eating. I was even able to get my workouts in and there was something so serene about completing my PiYO workouts with a view of the lake.

vacation survival, clean eating, piyo, t25, lake house


On the day after I had a piece of apple pie for dessert (did I mention that warm apple pie?) I chose to do T25 speed 2.0 because I knew I had to work my body a little more.

For the most part I stuck to my 80/20 rule for clean eating but on the occasions that I had the pie and cookies, I woke up FEELING different. For me, when I eat too much white sugar my body gets achy. It's a very uncomfortable feeling. One that is hard to describe and nearly impossible to withstand.  Before I was eating clean I was totally unaware of the cause for the pain I was feeling....now I know better!

So now I'm back, continuing with my routine and feeling great.

For more tips on meal planning and exercise motivation join my upcoming challenge group for support and accountability!




Fill out my online form.
Online contact and registration forms from Wufoo.

Comments

Popular Posts