Zoodles and Meat Sauce: A Classic Reinvented

zoodles and meat sauce, clean eating, recipe renovation, comfort food, weight loss, body after baby, pregnancy craving, 21 day fix, portion control


Nothing says comfort food to me like spaghetti and meat sauce. There is something about it that warms the soul. But I know that the traditional dish can be heavy and leave me in a slump quickly after feeling satisfied.

So I gave it a twist! I don't ALWAYS avoid pasta. If I'm out at a restaurant that features homemade pasta, I'll indulge. Or if I'm home and really craving pasta, I'll make quinoa pasta (the regular stuff hurts my belly too much).

But, I LOVE making ZOODLES!! Last summer I picked up a vegetti (a cheap spiralizer) and making zoodles with it is my go to!

So here we have my reinvented dish.

Meat Sauce:
1 pound (give or take) ground turkey
1 tbsp italian seasoning blend (usually basil, parsley, time and oregano)
1 tsbp minced garlic
1 tsp olive oil
1 cup marinara sauce (I look for a brand with less than 5g sugar, less than 300 mg sodium, and no added crap)

Add olive oil to a pan on medium heat, add garlic and sautee. Add meat and seasoning mix. When somewhat browned add sauce, reduce to simmer.

Zoodles:
3 zucchini, peeled (you can leave skin on if you prefer)
1 tbsp garlic
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp onion powder
2 tsp italian seasoning
himalayan salt and pepper to taste

Use vegetti to make zoodles. Add olive oil to a pan on medium heat, add garlic, sautee. Add zucchini and seasonings, sautee until slightly transparent and warmed through.

Makes 4 servings.

21 day fix servings:
1 red
1 green
1/2 tsp

Interested in the 21 Day Fix?
For more support and accountability fill out the application below to join my upcoming group!

Fill out my online form.
Use Wufoo templates to make your own HTML forms.

Comments

Popular Posts