21 day fix: round one review



21 short days ago I started what is now my all time favorite program! I seriously cannot say enough about this program. It is an insane combination of fitness and nutrition all bundled together.

What is the 21 day fix?
A variety of workouts to include weights, cardio, yoga, and pilates
A portion controlled nutrition guide
21 days of workouts and clean eating for optimal results

The trainer
First of all, I am someone who is ALWAYS motivated by my trainer. Whether it's a group class instructor at the gym or the trainer on my at home videos, if I don't like my trainer, I cannot get into my workout and therefore, will not have results.
Autumn Calabrese is the real deal. First of all, she's in amazing shape, which for me, is of great importance...why follow her workouts if I don't want to look like her?? Second, she has a calm way of motivating you. She's not screaming but what she says makes sense "if you want something you've never had, you've got to do something you've never done", "don't quit, the only person you're quitting on is yourself", and "give me 21 days, I'll give you the body you've always wanted". Third, she knows her stuff. Not only does Autumn lead you through the moves, she explains each of them, models them, then rotates through the room to make corrections.

The workouts
I can honestly say that I looked forward to completing each of the workouts in this program.  They are set up in rounds. You complete an exercise for 60 seconds, followed by a rest and then repeat each exercise per round. My favorite workout is Dirty 30, because it is a nice mix of moves for a total body workout. The yoga reminded me a lot of a power yoga class I used to take. It gave my body a chance to stretch and repair, while still making me feel like I was toning.

The food plan
When I first received the containers, my food anxiety kicked in...that's it? They're so small! Then I filled the containers up to create my meals.  I was amazed at how deceiving those cute little containers are. I never felt hungry on this program, in fact, sometimes I had trouble eating all of my allotted containers in a day.
I feel that using the containers and following the plan made me much more aware of the lack of variation in my diet. I was definitely eating too much carbs (yellow containers), fruits, and nuts.  Although I was making healthy choices (brown rice, bananas, and cashews), my portions were way off!



Results....
Ok, I know this is what you've been waiting for! Before completing the 21 day fix I had done the alpha phase of T25 which was amazing but within the first week of the Fix, I could see muscle definition. By day 21 I was down 7 lbs and 10 inches! I feel much stronger and toned!

Now I can see why this program has literally been flying off the shelves since it was released.  Beachbody CANNOT keep it in stock! It works!

Going forward I will always incorporate the 'container' philosophy of portion control into my diet. For the next month I plan to alternate days between T25 beta workouts and 21 day fix workouts. I love the cardio aspect of T25 and the weight training of the 21 day fix. If only Autumn and Shaun T would team up...there's an idea!!!!!!!

If you are interested in this amazing program click here or message me to join my next 21 day fix challenge group.

Comments

Popular Posts