Food Prep and Planning

Food Prep and Meal Planning



Every weekend I sit down with a cup of coffee (with coconut oil blended in, of course), the shop rite circular, and a notebook and I create my meal plan and shopping list.

I had not always done this but gosh, I wish I had.

Before meal planning every night we would come home from work and the conversation would go like so...
me: "what do you want for dinner?"
hubs: "I don't care, I'm starving"
me: "well I don't care either, just pick something"
hubs: "ugh, how about x?"
me: "no, how about 'y'?"
hubs: "no"
you get the point...this would eventually end with something unhealthy and quick because we were exhausted!

Thankfully, things have changed and since then, we save money, eat healthier, and are less stressed.

Here are a few things that have helped...

First: Shakeology. Seriously, I'm addicted to the stuff and it makes it super easy to fill in my 'breakfast column of my meal plan because I have it EVERY day. No, I don't get sick of it. In fact, as I write this, I'm thinking about how delicious it's going to taste after my workout in the morning.

Second: chopping and bagging fruits and veggies into portion sizes as soon as we get home from the grocery store. Since doing this I eat the correct portion, have something quick to grab, and don't throw away rotten produce that I never got around to chopping. Yes, you can buy pre-chopped, but it's more expensive!

Third: rice cooker- every Sunday I make a huge batch of brown rice, quinoa, or both. Then I store them in containers to be used as side dishes or add ins throughout the week.

Fourth: rotisserie chicken- I love those things! Seriously for $5 I cut them and use them for lunch on salads, in quesadillas, with rice, etc.

Finally, if you're taking the time to meal plan, print that baby out, stick it on your fridge, and follow it!

Here's a sample of my meal plan...the color coding coordinates with the 21 day fix, my favorite Beachbody program of ALL time! Message me to get your hands on it. It will change your life! No, seriously :)

Comments

Popular Posts