Meal Planning...in a food rut

Hunkering down in the "office" to find some new recipes. I've been feeling a little tired of my go to recipes and I find that when that happens, I don't always make the best choices where my eating is concerned. So this week I decided to try a few new recipes. 

I've got big goals and work my butt off so I'm NOT going to let food get me off track. 

Have you ever been in a food rut? Lately I feel like I have a list of my 'go to' meals: tacos, meatballs, crockpot chicken, flank steak, chili lime cod...repeat. 

Now, I'm a creature of habit so sometimes I don't mind the repetition, but lately, it's getting to me. I'd rather drink my shakeology for 3 meals a day then have to cook. 


I think a lot of my issue comes from the fact that I am lazy...not in all aspects of life, but in cooking, heck yeah! When I look at a recipe, if it has more than 7 ingredients, I'm overwhelmed and turned off. Now, I know, this probably limits flavor, but again...lazy. And if it's an ingredient I have never used...forget it! 

I know I'm missing out on a world of possibility so I've decided to make this a focus of mine! 

Turkey Taco Casserole
As I mentioned, one of our go to dinners is tacos. This week I decided to put a new twist on them.
I prepared my ground turkey as I normally do using my clean taco seasoning recipe. Once it was done I added in brown rice, 1/4  salsa and shredded cheese. Then I baked it.

Ingredients
1 lb lean ground turkey
taco seasoning (see below)
1/2 cup shredded mexican blend cheese
1/4 cup salsa (I use Trader Joe's brand)
2 cups brown rice

Taco Seasoning
1 tbsp chili powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes 
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp paprika 
1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp black pepper

Directions
brown turkey
drain if needed
stir in taco seasoning and 1/8 c. water
stir in 2 cups prepared brown rice (I make a big batch in the rice cooker)
add in 1/4 c. cheese
stir together and pour into a pyrex pan
top with remaining cheese
bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes 

serve with salsa and plain greek yogurt



Baked Chicken and Potatoes with Italian Seasoning
1 1/2 lbs boneless chicken thighs
10 small potatoes, quartered
1/2 packet of organic italian seasoning
1 tbsp olive oil

arrange chicken thighs and potatoes in pyrex pan
drizzle olive oil over chicken and potatoes
sprinkle italian seasoning over meat and potatoes

Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour
      



Portabella Pizza 

Portobello mushroom cap
1/4 c. shredded mozzarella
1/2 cup spinach, sauteed
1/8 c. basil
1 roma tomato, sliced

top mushroom with spinach, basil, tomatoes, and cheese.
Cook at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes

Do you any simple, clean eating recipes? Share below :)

xoxo,

Chrisanthi










                                                                             

Comments

Popular Posts