Clean Eating Crockpot Pot Roast

pot roast, comfort food, clean eating, weight loss, body after baby, beachbody, crockpot, quick meals, 21 day fix


I love anything I can throw in the crockpot...set it and forget it! So last week when my friend posted about making Pot Roast on a chilly Sunday, I needed to do the same! I reached out to my friend Regina, got her recipe, made it work for my family and what I had on hand and voila! Clean eating crockpot pot roast was born!

The beauty of using a crockpot to cook is that it's a no fuss, (pretty much) fool proof method! I'm not a great cook. I can put things together but I don't have the patience to really put the effort into cooking so the crockpot is perfect for me.

Here it is...

Ingredients
Beef chuck roast
1/2 an onion (I used big chunks so it just added flavor but didn't have to be eaten)
baby carrots (left whole)
8 oz. red wine (I used pinot noir)
4 cups beef broth (I use low sodium, organic)
salt and pepper

Directions
Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of beef chuck roast
Add olive oil to a hot skillet
Brown beef on both sides
Add beef and all other ingredients to the crockpot
Cook on low for 6 hours

You can add any other vegetables you like.
I served my husband's portion with egg noodles and had mine with barley. I loved the barley because it really absorbed the flavor of the dish while packing more of a nutritional punch than egg noodles!



Do you like this recipe? As a beachbody coach I am always playing around with ideas for new clean eating recipes, tips, and overall healthy lifestyle support. If you'd like to plug into my network, sign up for a FREE account------------>>> FREE ACCOUNT 

Looking for a community of clean eating support? Join my upcoming 30 Day Clean Eating and Shakeology group by filling out the application below


Fill out my online form.
HTML Forms powered by Wufoo.

Comments

  1. How many containers is this recipe for 21 day fix?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which containers is this recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Which containers is this recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can use your containers to measure out your red (meat), green (carrots or any other veggies you add) and yellow (barley)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts