Stop TV Snacking!




When I first set out to write this post I was thinking of directing it towards LATE NIGHT TV snacking...then I thought about it, it's not just late at night that I might find myself falling into the comfy oblivion of my couch, entranced by reality TV while my hand mindlessly dips into a bag of chips and then to my mouth.

So...here's the deal. Let's talk about TV snacking in general! 

How many times have you sat down in front of the TV or computer with a bag of chips, pint of ice cream, popcorn...whatever...and before you know it, you look down to realize you ate WAY more than you set out to eat! 


tv snacking, cravings, clean eating, weight loss


Did you even taste it? Was it good? Sometimes I literally find myself in disbelief because I would be eating something so mindlessly that I didn't even enjoy it. The very motion of hand, to bag, to mouth, was just a routine, involuntary motion..or so it seemed.  

I knew this had to stop! 
tv snacking, cravings, clean eating, weight loss
So, what can you do?
I want you to first directly think about your WHY!  WHY are you eating healthy in the first place?? Second, is eating this snack more important than your WHY?!? Lastly, I want you to take that snack and eat it alone at a dinner table... No, Not in front of the TV... Go to your table, put the food in front of you, and what this does is allows you to really focus on what you’re eating... When you’re more focused, you’re less likely to eat as much, if at all.... When you’re in front of the TV or pre occupied, you lose sight of how much you ate, and even how full you are. In a way, it can make you feel guilty, which also helps!! Soon enough, you will find it not important to waste the time to do this and will choose not to give into temptation!!

Here are some things you can do to fight off the urge to slip into the habit while watching TV...

1. drink water! add lemon, mint, or cucumber for some flavor
2. doodle- draw on a notepad to keep your hands busy
3. chew gum
4. (my personal fave) workout! do sit ups, push ups, or if you're daring challenge yourself to some burpees during commercials

Comments

Popular Posts