Clean Eating Shrimp and Avocado Salad

clean eating, shrimp and avocado, summer salad, refreshing


When the weather is warm, I find myself craving cold, refreshing salads.  I threw this shrimp and avocado salad together for lunch the other day and found myself savoring each and every bite! I hope you enjoy it just as much. 

This one is super simple and can be easily customized. 

Ingredients 

1 lb of shrimp, chopped (I used cocktail shrimp from the prepared section of Costco)
1 Haas Avocado
1 red pepper (or any color) diced
1 medium tomato, diced or grape tomatoes cut in half or quarters
1/4 cup of chopped red onion (you can use 1 tsp of onion powder if you don't have fresh onion)
1 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped (use dried if needed)
1 jalapeño, seeds removed, diced finely (optional)
Juice of 2 a limes
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Directions
In a small bowl, combine lime juice, olive oil, onion, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Let them marinate together for a few minutes to allow the flavors to burst. 
Add in the shrimp, avocado, tomato, and pepper. 
Top with cilantro. 
Gently toss to combine. 


Makes 4 servings

Comments

Popular Posts