What does a day of clean eating look like?

You've probably heard the term 'clean eating' more times than you can count.  Does it confuse you? Overwhelm you? Annoy you? Well, I'm here to show you that clean eating is EASY! 

In a nutshell, clean eating means eating food that has not been processed, food in its natural form. Think shopping the perimeters, buying local and fresh, using whole foods, not eating ingredients you can't pronounce. That my friends, is clean eating.

When I sit down to do my meal plan each week I keep it very simple because lets face it, life is busy for all of us, so rather than overwhelm myself, I keep it very basic. I used to try to plan elaborate meals but I would get frustrated and as a result, I would rush through cooking and prep and my food would taste like crap. So, if you are someone who likes elaborate meals, I apologize in advance. You can have fun with clean eating and experiment with many recipes, I just chose to show you a very simple meal plan. 

So each Sunday I sit down and plan out my meals for the week. I follow the 21 day fix eating plan so that helps me with my portion sizes and food group categories.  There are days when something comes up and my plan changes, and thats ok...I just change my plan accordingly but its better to be prepared. 


Meal one: Shakeology. I have my shakeology right after my workout each morning. I blend 1 scoop of chocolate shakeo, 1 tsp chia seeds, 1 tsp pb2, 6 ice cubes, 14 oz. of water, and either 1/4 or 1/2 a frozen banana.
Snack: 1 brown rice cake, 1 tbsp pb, 1 tbsp sunflower seeds, 1/4 banana


Lunch: tuna fish, 1 tsp of olive oil, lemon juice to taste, spicy brown mustard; core and fill a tomato with tuna, serve on top of arugula


Snack: "strawberry cheesecake": 3/4 c part skim ricotta cheese, 3/4 c. sliced strawberries, cinnamon


Dinner: bbq grilled chicken, sweet potato, salad (tomato, peppers, cucumbers)


That's it. Simple, clean, delicious. 

I aim to eat within an hour of waking up and then I eat every 2-3 hours. I also aim to drink at least 1/2 my weight in ounces of water each day. 

If you have any questions or comments please post them below or feel free to send me an email fitandfulfilled@gmail.com or message me on Facebook

xoxo,
Chrisanthi

Comments

  1. Thank you for this. Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts